- Environment: Fair Sized Company
- Has three business units close by to each other and wants to move to a bigger unit.
- Time is a factor, one weekend to perform the move.
- Multiple departments with multiple requirements.
- New site not designed yet.
- Company leaving it up to department heads to design new network.
- No confirmation regarding external combination at destination location.
- Company was using ADSL at old site, not available at new site.
- Phone Ext at new site not setup yet.
- Confirmed only have one long weekend to move entire system.
- Server room not designed at new site.
- Worked with department heads to setup requirements of new site network and phones.
- Designed server room with all support hardware with backbone systems.
- Setup T1 at new location (only thing available)
- Until T1 up and running, use of dial up only action available.
- Tested database system and repaired any problem areas needed before move.
- Setup new server for new location.
- Transferred over database with all updates necessary.
- Oversaw all updated changes before move.
- Tested and confirmed all changes with backbone.
- Moved entire network with updated systems to new site in one weekend.
- System was setup and tested at new site with some very small issues.
- Move was successful within the one weekend.
- After T1 was installed the Company now was setup complete.
- Company was now able to function and improve on most areas.
error: Content is protected !!