- Environment: Small Company
- Customer wants to setup a small network in a newly acquired basement of a building.
- Building is an old Bomb Storage building with very thick cement walls around the parameter.
- Internal walls are currently being constructed.
- Customer wants an Internet appearance with a few workstations.
- Everyone of the sales team needs to be connected.
- Wireless communications is useless due to poor environment of area with a lot of cross talk in the radio fields and grounded walls everywhere.
- Customer also wants a computer rendering area with power to setup their customers needs.
- Also a printing station close by for all their digital printing needs.
- Reception with a database structure also needs to be setup.
- Also suggested a central storage system for their digital needs.
- Customer informed the phone extensions also needed to be setup and installed.
- Phone provider will install a T1 into the company for phone and Internet communication with a PBx system for phones.
- After a brief look at the internal plans of the building setup, placement of all the major it areas were made and connections were setup.
- While the internal walls were being setup the phone lines and intranet lines were run.
- Wire runs were terminated and tested from the server room to all extensions.
- Main server was setup with email and web hosting.
- Domains were created and pointed to the correct placement on the web.
- Firewalls were setup and configured to allow the needed communications.
- After the computers were purchased every computer was connected and setup to the network.
- All emails and internal phones were then setup.
- Internal storage was setup with all file sharing needed.
- All keys to the system was handed over to the customer with a service contract to maintain any necessary issues with teaching the staff on how to use the system.
- Customer hosted their own emails and web page.
- Customer was trained to maintain their own phone system as programming extensions with personal features.
- Added wire lines were added and changed as per customers request as the company changed.
- System was easy to maintain and alter as per customer’s request.
- System was also setup to be remotely controlled (securely) when needed at a moments noticed.
This entry was posted in IT
and tagged Case Study
, Network Setup
, Remote Control
, Server Room
, Web Site
. Bookmark the permalink
error: Content is protected !!