- Environment: Retail with multiple floors and zones.
- Customer thinks their system is wasting too much power (BAS system).
- Customer complains the external lights are schedule with no control internally.
- Customer thinks a new BAS could fix their problems.
- Current BAS was too slow to be efficient.
- Customer also wants to add control to various zones to monitor, trend and control.
- Hvac systems are stabilizing zone temps with 1-2’F.
- Hvac Main systems are heating and cooling at the same time.
- Found internal lighting systems connected with no logic installed or programmed.
- Zones are not efficient for proper control of environment or power management.
- Control interface was outdated with all renovations within the last 10 years.
- Current programming in all devices were outdated and not efficient.
- Found communication lines of BAS were not correctly terminated and came loose as well as some places not even connected.
- Cooling plant programming was outdated and mixed in with logic and devices no longer on site.
- Verified current BAS system can meet the needs of the customer and expand when needed, no need to replace the current BAS.
- Fixed all logic to stop the heating and cooling during the same cycle while able to maintain the zone temperature set points.
- Reconnected all internal lighting points with correct logic programmed into all devices to work with current hardware.
- Re-zoned all internal areas and control points to make efficient with all the changes of renovations throughout the years.
- Updated all the control interfaces for the Customer with upper management in mind.
- Updated all logic through the building to handle the current and future needs of the system.
- Re-Terminated all BAS communication lines to All devices – found more comm. line issues and corrected.
- Updated Cooling Plant to reflect current onsite changes as well as updated all programming logic to the current standards of today.
- Added another workstation to handle multiple user input while keeping efficiently on top.
- Added more monitoring and control points to system as Customer wanted.
- After 6 months the Customer agreed they are already saving 23% of energy.
- Didn’t have to change out the current BAS thus saving the Customer a lot more money.
- Was able to improve the air control inside the building while saving energy.
- Lighting is now correctly scheduled (inside and outside) with correct zoning.
- All programming is now up to today standards and bulletproof, leaving the Customer able to rely on the BAS.
This entry was posted in HVAC
and tagged BAS
, Case studies
. Bookmark the permalink
error: Content is protected !!