– Page 1 –
- Customer Sick and Tired of Weather Info at the Airport.
- Needed to know Current Conditions for a Specific Area, not an Airport.
- Would Like more info then Temperature if possible.
- If it can Forecast, it would be welcomed.
- Able to Show in Multiple Locations if Possible.
- Need to have a Night Mode.
- System must be affordable.
- Main Location of Display can have a Wi-Fi 100% Signal.
- Extra Power is at Location of Display.
- Existing network to connect to Internet is secure.
- Company wants to administrate from one location with the ability to move if needed.
- Company also wants to Show Only Display, Wants to Hide any Controllers.
- No audio is needed and Night Mode is a must.
- Company Also wants to have Radar if possible.
- Found Existing Software that meets all requirements plus extras if needed.
- Location of Software is: https://github.com/n0bel/PiClock/
- Hardware Needed is a Raspberry Pi 3 SoC with case and power supply.
- RPi3 can be powered and concealed behind display monitor.
- PiClock can be setup as a server and remotely sent securely to any local display and a RPi3 via VNC in secure mode.
- Connection via Wi-Fi with Power off of Monitor.
- After setting up a Free Online Account with Weather Underground all Info Customer Needs is updated every 15 Minutes.
- Small ups battery (allowing up to 12 hrs of power fully charged) for Display and Data Gathering.
- Software can be Updated on command if needed via Remote Control.
- If Needed a Wireless Keyboard can be connected and Extra Colour Changing LEDs can be installed.
- After Installed Costumer was very pleased.
- Only Main Display is setup now but the extra Displays will be installed in the near future.
- Display is Using Built-In HMDI video for Hi-Res Mode of Screens.
- Customer has access to Current Conditions, Radar, Forecasting, Pressure, What Area Feels Like, and most important can see all info when needed.
- Main Page has Overview Radar, Secondary Page has Zoomed in and Extreme Area Radar.
- System is set to run for years to come.
- Customer is happy and wants to add more Displays at Site.
- For Information on Screens see above and below pics.
– Page 2 –
This entry was posted in IT
and tagged Case studies
, Current Conditions
, Moon Phase
, New Projects
, not an Airport
, Raspberry Pi 3 SoC
, Real Time
, Specific Area
. Bookmark the permalink
error: Content is protected !!